Reputable online pool supply sites (Or help removing glued threaded pipe)?

canuck

Jul 27, 2014
Ontario
I just moved into a house with a pool, that has an Aqua Genie skimmer. Shortly after moving in, I started loosing 1-2" of water per day. I found the source of the leak, the return plumbing that leads into the skimmer outflow was leaking. The threaded adapter, that attaches to the outflow pressure chamber was broken. I thought this was going to be a quick fix, but I'm unable to get it out because the installer glued it in place. Refer to picture below.

I have two questions,

1. Can anyone recommend a way to get it out? I've tried using channel lock pliers, but the PVC is just too soft and I've completely rounded it because it just won't seem to turn. I've tried breaking it out, but it's really in there. I'm afraid to try cutting, for fear of cutting the skimmer. Thoughts?

2. Otherwise, can anyone recommend a reputable online seller I can order a replacement genie? The entire pool deck is stamped concrete so I'm not looking to move to another skimmer type.

Thanks!

aquagenie.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.