Pool math ?

amb

Sep 3, 2013
Gardiner, MT
I want to lower my TA by adding muratic acid, but the pool math calculator says NaN for amount. Why is that? My TA is extremely high, like 290. My PH is high too, 8.2 is the highest reading on my current drop test and we are in that zone. My TFT-100 should show up at the end of next week (I hope!).

If you haven't already, read the instructions for lowering TA in the How To section of Pool School.

Which field says NaN? What do you have the various fields set to? You haven't given us enough information yet for me to duplicate your results.

Sorry for the lack of information. I played with it some and I guess it doesn't like a Borate reading of 0 or .5. Our drop test shows very little, but if I moved it to a reading of 1 then it gave me a calculation for adding borax and muratic acid. Do you know a goal range for borate for an AG vinyl pool? I don't see that in the listing of ranges for the different pools.
Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.