vtatt

Sep 19, 2010
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all--just experienced my first liner separation. Of course it was while I was on the plane getting ready to leave on a trip and my wife called. Always that way, right?

So I read a bit here (thanks a bunch) and had no trouble getting the liner bead back into the channel, or at least "started" to get it in. It feels like it needs to go down quite a bit more.

So my first issue is that I can't get to the channel from above because of the metal edging-- I was about to remove the edge when I realized it might be structural-- is it? Can I remove this safely to get access to the channel from above? I sort of have 2x4's bracing the edges just in case, but I'd rather not find out too late that it didn't work.

And if I can get said access, I read all about popsicle sticks and pennies, and if that doesn't work I'll look into the liner lock product.

Sorry-- absolutely NO idea why the pics are coming out upside down. Second try even after I flipped them on the computer.

image.jpg
image (2).jpg
image (1).jpg

Welcome to TFP. You will be able to safely remove 3-4 pieces of the top rail without having the pool collapse. I wouldn't remove more than that at a time though. If you need help stretching the liner, HOT WATER works like a charm. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.