Thank you trouble free pools

Jun 24, 2014
Ky
I just have to say thank you. I've had intex pools for years and have always struggled to maintain them. It seemed like every two weeks I'd have another algae flair up and each week I went to the pool store and they would sell me something new to chase my own proverbial chemical "tail". It was always cloudy at best. And I worked diligently doing exactly what they told me with mediocre results. When I found this site some weeks ago I thought what everyone was saying was too good to be true, using bleach, borox, baking soda, from a grocery and mauratic acid from Home Depot?!? No weekly run to the pool store? I wondered, "How could anyone maintain a pool without the professionals at the pool store?"

Ahh! I thought "it must be about that test kit they are pushing." (I'm ashamed to admit I did have that thought) But there were so many posts from so many people testifying that TFP methods work. I tried TFP method without buying the kit. I used the pool supply stores water test results. But when I went to the store and got the results then they really pushed products in my arms and to the counter. Products I no longer wanted, I just wanted the test results and liquid chlorine. I also found they were not running all the tests, to save chemicals. In fact they were way off on CYA. They also where trying to sell me chemicals for calcium knowing I'm in a soft sided pool. I cut the umbilical to the pool store and bought the test kit everyone here recommends. Within a couple of weeks my pool was green! Yes green pea soup. Not TFP's fault it was mine. I was going with the cheapest bleach I could find at Big Lots and assumed incorrectly 6% was as diluted as they would sell bleach. Not so, I did a search here and found out Big Lots discount bleach was 3%. And I was adding jug after jug thinking I was shocking when I wasn't. I then went to Menard's and bought liquid chlorine bleach on sale there at 12.5%. (Sales over now ?)

I Raised the pull to shock level. Brushed and ran the filter and tested, adjusted, tested, it was cloudy at first but now it's dialed in at 5 cups 2oz of 12.5% a day.

My daughter was excited to tell me a few minutes ago "Daddy, before I was never able to see very well under water before but now I can see all the way across the pool to the other side! (under water)" That's 26 feet.

I just wanted to say thanks!
Wade

The TFPC Way! It works and you know it Wade! :cool:

Welcome to TFP! We would never sell you bullcaca!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.