Haywood Aqua Plus Default

Jul 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I'm a new pool owner, 2 months now, and I've been fighting with a green pool for most of it. I've spent way too much on chemicals so far, I've been told my salt was too high so my pool would not generate chlorine, etc.. So I drained about 2/3t of my pool, and tested the level and it's 2800. It was slightly green at the time and at the advise of the local pool company to add 4# of shock (35,000 gal pool) I've been out of town for 3 days and just tested the chlorine. It looks to be non-existent.

So my main questions is if it's possible the chlorine generator was never turned on? Does it come pre-programmed from the factory? I've unlocked the configuration menu and it says the chlorinator is on but I'm not sure it was on when I got to that display. My pool installer is not really good with electronics and hasn't been much help other than advising I poor more shock in the pool.

Anyone have any knowledge on this system?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

What is your CYA level? If it is too low, you will lose all of your chlorine to the sun.

Once it turns green, you won't keep up without adding chlorine many times a day until the water clears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.