2 Pointer

What test kit are you using? TA 1300? That's a lot of drops.

Plus 6.8 is the lowest the test will register, it may be lower. What do you use to chlorinate?

- - - Updated - - -

Where are my manners, welcome!

What test kit are you using? TA 1300? That's a lot of drops.

whoops

sorry

too much coffee

started arateing
and was going to add baking soda to get the pH up a tad
I am using trichlor was going to add a tad of liquid chlorine about 1 qt.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum. Using your gallons, I only got 228 ounces of Borax to raise PH from 6.8 to 7.4..............

thank you for the welcome

whoops

sorry

too much coffee

started arateing
and was going to add baking soda to get the pH up a tad
I am using trichlor was going to add a tad of liquid chlorine about 1 qt.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the welcome
you want washing soda or borax as woodyp said, not baking soda.

The trichlor is acidic and keeps pushing pH down as it adds chlorine and CYA. You are already getting up,there with CYA in a non-SWG pool so you really need to stop with solid chlorine products.

Are you using your own test kit or pool store numbers?

you want washing soda or borax as woodyp said, not baking soda.

The trichlor is acidic and keeps pushing pH down as it adds chlorine and CYA. You are already getting up,there with CYA in a non-SWG pool so you really need to stop with solid chlorine products.

Are you using your own test kit or pool store numbers?

My own test kit.

So I should just use liquid chlorine and borax?

Yes, use liquid chlorine. Don't switch to cal-hypo. You didn't post a CH but being in Arizona I'm sure your calcium is already high enough. Use borax to raise the pH. Add about 1/2 what you think you need and re-test after circulating about 30 minutes. As they said earlier your pH may actually be much lower than you think.

My own test kit.

So I should just use liquid chlorine and borax?
Great! I love folks who arm themselves with the correct tools and don't rely on pool store testing.

Yes as to liquid chlorine and borax. Nothing a trip to WalMart can't fix. Use the Pool Math link at the top,of the page to figure out amounts. In your spare time start reading in the Pool School.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great! I love folks who arm themselves with the correct tools and don't rely on pool store testing.

Yes as to liquid chlorine and borax. Nothing a trip to WalMart can't fix. Use the Pool Math link at the top,of the page to figure out amounts. In your spare time start reading in the Pool School.

Nope! I have not had great results with "GURUs" at the pool store out here in AZ. One would think with the most pool per capita, right?

Keep in mind most pool store employees are minimum wage workers who don't own pools and who's training comes mostly from chemical sales reps. This is especially true for mega chains like Leslie's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.