Blue stains on fixtures

Jul 3, 2007
Louisville
I think I may a major issue here. I have a fiberglass pool. Most of the season I've had a purple ring around the water level. The pool store told me to add Pool Perfect. My number seems fine, I've had some trouble keeping ph up, but everything else is good. I only use strips. This past week, something new has started. We had to have the pool repaired a few years ago. Where they repaired the pool, it's like you can see brush marks. All my fixtures have blue stains on them and so do several places along the wall and steps. The skimmer basket also has blu stains on it. Is my pool finish breaking down?

At a minimum go to wall mart and get a drop based ph test kit. It would be best if you could get a recommended test kit and post full results.

Pool perfect has a very low ph. The MSDS says 5.7 to6.7. If you have problems with low ph that may not have been a good choice.

So it's possible your pool has a very low ph and is eating the repair.

A full set of numbers fron a recommended test kit is needed to give you some advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.