Vinyl liner leak

Jul 25, 2014
Charlotte nc
Hi All- been reading TFP for awhile and thanks for the help. I bought a house about a month ago and had trouble getting the pool balanced. Thanks to this forum everything is good to go. Crystal clear.

This is my first post. I found a leak in the bottom of the liner near the stairs. It was pretty easy to fix with a repair kit for $5. It seemed to work for awhile but the leak is back.

If I'm going to patch up the leak again should I remove the old patch or just put a bigger patch over the old one? I'm afraid if I remove the first one it may rip, causing the hole to get bigger. Anyone ever had a similar problem?

Hi Willy.. Had a LARGE pull/tear in my liner under a skimmer. Used a patch from same type material and use BullFrog adhesive to bond. Been over a year now and has held great. I understand that covering the existing patch is preferred rather that risk pulling the old patch and making it worse like you mentioned. I'm sure others will speak up and give some good advice. Good Luck !!!
Sami

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.