Bug spray in pool, please help!

ugafan

Jun 24, 2013
I have an intex pool and recently had some yellow jackets build a hive inside one of the openings around the top rail. I shot some wasp/hornet spray in there and then flushed it out with the hose. When I flushed it out with the hose, the bug spray got in the pool and now there is a clear oily film on the surface of the water. Do I need to drain all the water and do a complete refill?

Bleach will likely take care of it in time. Or you can buy a scumball at the pool store, which is a foam thing that floats around and absorbs oils. The most expensive option is Pool Perfect enzyme, but a jug of that would likely cost a lot more than refilling the pool.

HV-SB2PK.jpg

Richard, will chemicals in the spray pose any health risk or will the bleach take care of it? Right now I've got the pump set to waste with the skimmer open trying to drain it off the surface of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.