All the DE goes back in the Pool

jhirsch1

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
I cleaned my filter a week or so ago (which I have done at least 50 times now since I had the pool). This includes opening the filter, removing the manifold and spraying the grids to remove dirt and DE. Put it back together and add DE as have done in the past.....next day DE all over the pool. Figured I didn't reinstall properly so I opened it up and noticed no DE on the grids. Removed the manifold checked for cracks, check stand pipe for cracks, inspected for a grid tare or not seated properly....nothing wrong. Put it back together and the same thing happened...DE all over.

So the cause started when I did the first cleaning. I thought about the process I did and only changed one thing this time vs all the other times, I put a little lube on the Stand Pipe to ease the installation and remove as it was getting very tight. Could this have caused the system to be compromised...allowing DE to get through? I don't think so but thought I would ask the question here.

In the mean time, I had an extra set of replacement grids, installed them assuming I had some type of tare I could see, put it back together....of course....same result, DE in the pool, not on the grids.

Looking for ideas or next steps or ideas? Thinking it may be the multiport valve but what a coincidence for that to happen at the exact same time as a cleaning.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

I was hoping that was the issue too. Did check on not this issue which is why I thought maybe when I turned to multi port to off prior to cleaning maybe it got screwed up inside and needs to be repaired. May try to open it up to see what it looks like in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.