Another Convert

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
A few weeks ago I visited a friend just outside Washington DC. His pool care was pucks, shock and strips. I admit, the water was sparkly clear.

I took my K2006 with me and discovered his water all messed up. Worse was his pH at 6.8 and CYA 120.

During my week there I visited WalMart several times and got his water perfect. With the amount of adjusting I had to do the pH was well below 6.8I left him with a balanced pool and even bought him as TF-100 teaching him how to use it.

I just got a call from him today thanking me. So far all he has had to use is bleach. With him no longer using the pucks and his pH has been rock solid.

NICE! I offered to take my test kit a friends house as he had said it had some algae. He said "no thanks, the pool store sold me some stuff that should work" When I asked him how much it cost and how many treatments it was he told me $35 bucks and it was a one time treatment. He also told me this was the THIRD time he had to buy/use it this summer! Hummmmmmm 35+35+35= a good test kit and more!!!!

Maybe one day he will listen to me. Until then...........I do NOT swim in his pool as I do not want to bring it to my pool!

Kim

I figured I give an update. My friends are visiting me from the DC area.

According to him he is now down from $30 - $40 a month (tabs/shock/potions) from the pool store to 2 gallons of bleach a week. Now that they are not using the tab/shock they have not needed to adjust pH in a month, it's rock solid at 7.5.

New pool year update.

He uses a service to close and open his pool, so it was closed last year having been cared for TFP.

It was opened Friday and he left word for the pool company not to add anything other than two bottles of bleach he left next to the pool. He said they didn't even question the request. Are pool companies learning?

He added two more Saturday (OK, maybe doesn't have the whole system down yet) without testing. The pump has been running 24/7 sense the open.

Testing this morning-
FC 11.5
pH 7.5
TA 90
CH 100
CYA he forgot working on it now

Crystal clear water. He has a solid LoopLoc cover so very little trash gets in the pool over the winter.

I will be there about a month from now so I can verify numbers and do a little on site training.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.