Just Got my TF100 - Help decipher

Re: Just Got my TF100 - First Readings

According to pool math (if I am doing this correctly) To lower my TA, I need to lower my pH to 7-7.2 and aerate the water. I have some pH Down that came with my "Startup kit" will that work?

Also I guess I should up the CYA? Right now I am still using the trichlor cartridge since I don't have anything else and my FC @ 4.5 is a little high for a CYA of 20. The pool has been running 24/7 since last Thursday on low speed. Getting a timer this weekend along with the wood for the deck.

First, don't be too worried about TA. As long as pH rise isn't driving you crazy it's not a huge deal. Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.

Be very careful with pH down. It can settle on your liner and damage it.

First, don't be too worried about TA. As long as pH rise isn't driving you crazy it's not a huge deal. Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.

Be very careful with pH down. It can settle on your liner and damage it.

The pH seems to be pretty stable at least so far. Just wasnt too sure if the TA was going to be harmfull to the pool at all.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're chlorinating with trichlor, that excess TA will go down as you chlorinate. Trichlor is very acidic.

OK good to know. As soon as that cartridge is depleted I am switching to bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.

I have a couple of pH test kits and I think it is actually more like 7.4

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.