TF-100 testing on 5th day

Jul 22, 2008
Dallas, NC
OK.....here are my test results....I think I have tested what I was supposed to! BTW water is very clear.

PH 7.3
FC 1.0
CC 1.0
TC 2.0
TA 100
CYA -- Less than 20, I could still see the black dot at the bottom of the tube.
Water temp 82F

I am having a bit of a problem because I forgot to think about the fact when I ordered the test kit that I am colorblind to some shades of red and green. I think maybe that is hindering my test results. I also used the "daily" small kit that is in the large kit, and my CL does not even change the water color at all, so I think I am pretty close with the above results.

I know I need to add and up the CL.....pool calc says 63 oz of bleach. I got that far before my head started spinning around on my neck. I know I also need to add more stabilizer to get it up between 30-50. Pool calc says 25oz of stabilizer. Now since my PH is low.....I need to aerate or add 17 oz of borax. If I understand correctly, when I add the stabilizer it will lower my PH.

Am I close on any of this? Will someone check behind me please?

Re: T-100 testing on 5th day

Hi Lori,

Because you have CC of 1 and your FC has fallen below your minimun FC of 2, I suggest you shock your pool.

Pool School has an article for shocking your pool. :wink:

I would leave the pH alone for now and just keep a check on it.

You are on the right track with your CYA with a goal of 30 to 50.

Later, you can think about lowering your TA if you have problems with rising pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.