Cracked Intex Pre-Filter Assembly

Apr 19, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have a Intex Sand Filter Pump (model number SF20110). My pre-filter assembly is cracked and leaks water, this kind of throws a wrench into keeping my pool clean due to the fact that I have to close the valves every day after the pump runs to keep from losing water (it will leak about 2 or 3 inches of water per day if I don't close the valves every day). This means that there are days (sometimes a week straight) that I don't run the pump. Long story short, I am in need of a new pre-filter assembly (part number 11371). I have scoured the web trying to find this part and no one has it. I called Intex, they said it would be available in about three weeks but the only way to get it is to have my local pool store order one for me, and the recommended Leslies. I called Leslies, they said that they don't order Intex replacement parts. I called virtually all of my local pool stores, and several other pool stores that I found online. No one orders replacement parts from Intex. I'm at my wits end trying to find this part. I'd hate to have to buy a whole new sand filter and pump instead of a $20 part. So I guess I have a couple of questions :

1) Does anyone have an old pre-filter assembly they are going to throw away that I could buy?
2) Does anyone know of any places that order replacement parts from Intex?
3) Would it be more beneficial to look into buying a new pump that will work with the existing sand filter (so I don't run into this issue again)?
4) Should I just buy a whole new sand filter and pump from a more "customer friendly" company?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Personally, for me, I'd buy a whole new pump/filter set up from Hayward or Pentair or whoever and get away from the Intex, especially if you can't call them up and just order whatever you need. You certainly didn't buy the pool from a pool dealer, why should you have to go through one to order parts?! It doesn't make sense! :scratch:

Good luck and keep us updated on what you end up doing.

Intex sells many replacement parts online direct. Are you sure there wasn't a miscommunication; as in if you need one now you'll have to try and find one in stock somewhere? Or is your particular unit obsolete?

I saw a prefilter unit on about page 5 of their replacement parts (not sure if it was the one you need), I don't see why you wouldn't be able to purchase it just like any of the other items once it's back in stock.

Anyway don't know what's going on in your particular case, but Intex sells a ton of replacement parts for their equipment directly from their website. Most of the prices looked much better than the "more customer friendly" companies replacement parts.

Is this what you need? My previous pump quit, but I kept all the salvageable parts from it just in case. You're welcome to it, for the cost of the shipping. Just PM me with your address if you want it. You can see that the drain plug in the bottom broke, and has been repaired with JB Weld. It doesn't leak, but I would not try to turn it. You can probably replace it with the one from your pump, if you still have it.

ff7d4d7b-7084-42f5-b680-561887039936_zps1a705e70.jpg

Thanks for all the help. As far as ordering the parts from Intex, I was attempting to go ahead and place the part on backorder (knowing that it would be at least three weeks before I could get one). The customer service agent stated that that was not possible. If I wanted to order a part, I would have to do so through a third party. Maybe I just had a customer service agent that didn't know what they were talking about. I agree that Intex states that they sell replacement parts. But this particular pre-filter assembly is the pre-filter assembly for a number of their pumps. It's unfathomable for me that no one in the continental US has this part. Maybe I'm just an impatient customer :D As far as craigslist / ebay goes. A lot of people are selling the "cheaper" pump (the one that comes with the pool) in my area, but the only instances of this pre-filter are on whole sand-filter pump assemblies, and I'm not fond of the idea of buying a whole new pump and filter (of the same type) for one replacement part. I believe I will talk to jeffchap regarding his extra pre-filter assembly. In the long run, I believe I will look into a more "repair friendly" pump. In my understanding, there are no pool stores (in my area) that will even repair this pump in the event that it "breaks"

Thank you everyone for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.