How often add chlorine?

Jul 1, 2014
albuquerque
Split by moderator. Please do not hijack another member's thread. Always ask you own questions in you own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

How often should chlorine be put in the pool? Is this an every day thing? I'm asking because I've been having to add a little bit every day. it has been extremely hot lately so that may have something to do with it.

How often should chlorine be put in the pool? Is this an every day thing?

Yes, chlorine should be tested and adjusted (if needed) daily to stay in range according to the CYA/FC chart. Never let FC drop below the minimum level.

Once the pool stabilizes, you may find that you can set FC a little towards the high side and skip a day (I do this), but never more than one day. It isn't worth it to let the pool slide and have to SLAM again. I think a popular saying around here is "treat it like a pet: you don't have to play with it every day, but you do have to feed it".

It is highly recommended that you have water in your pool! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.