A new contest wherein SeanB may make 12 million dollars

Good post. I agree that the newbs will come on confused but it is our goal to get them on track.

I like the idea of "raising to shock level" except that it's more text than I'd like to enter.

It does convey more of a process than an event, tho, and that's an important issue. Many newbs think that shocking is a one time shot and are puzzled when their pools aren't crystal within the hour! :shock:

I would agree with using "bringing to shock level" but, even if we can't decide on that, I think we should (very politely) correct the newbs when they purchase "shock" from the store and, for sure, make sure that none of the regulars respond with "What brand of shock did you buy?"

BTW, you only owe $20 bucks and you could just send it to me....I'll forward it to SeanB later :shock: :shock:

A shocking experience:

...so I found a new to me local pool store, and decided to walk in for no good reason (well, the wife spotted a 50% off sign...and I knew she'd get suckered in).
So we walk around for a minute, she keeps pointing at random Crud...I keep saying "no" over and over. Then we make it to the back where I'm asked if I need any help.
For sheere fun I ask if they have liquid chorine...and the conversation goes like this:
Clerk: Sure, it's right over there; we sell 1gal jugs.
99: Thanks, I see it......hey, I'm curious, why is it labeled "liquid shock"?
Clerk: ....well, that's what it is.
99: Isn't cholire just chlorine?
Clerk: Well, no, we call it 'shock.'
99: So there is no difference in this and everythign else here which is labeled 'shock'?
Clerk: No...this is just 'shock', but in liquid form.
99: Ahhh, I see....thanks.

Shocking....I tell ya.
:wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.