I did the 20 Mule Team after I found TFP

May 1, 2014
Loveland, CO
HI all! I did the 20 Mule Team after I found TFP trying to clean up my green monster this spring, and I've been very impressed and happy with the results so far! THANK YOU to everyone that makes this place a success!

We had an OOOP'S moment last night, walked out the back door to hear splashing noises by the pool! After grabbing a light I found it had blown the return line off a fitting and pumped about 1000gal out on the lawn before I found it. :( Easy enough fix and refill, now I'm re-balancing the water chemistry after what's effectively a 40% water change. I'd just added 40oz of bleach to start a SLAM 2 hours earlier. Put another 30oz in before I left for work this morning to make sure it was covered today.

Came home and got the following results on the full test battery: FC 10, CC .5, PH 7.9, TA 90, CH 275, CYA 15, Borates 30, Temp 70 deg. Added 8oz of PHminus to bring the PH down to 7.5, and 9oz of Stabilizer to bring the CYA back to 40.

My question is it looks like I need to add 1 box of 20 Mule Team to bring the Borate level back up (Pool Calc calls for 59oz Borax and 30oz MA). Is my calculation right that for a full 76oz box of 20 Mule Team I need 38oz of MA? I thought I'd seen that calculation stated somewhere but can't find it tonight.

TIA,

Will Marsh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.