no chlorine

nicole

Jun 27, 2014
rockport, maine
I have been testing my pool water regularly, however, everytime I test it, its testing that there is NO chlorine in the pool. At first I thought maybe I needed to adjust the CYA as maybe there was none of that in it so it was burning off. But that is not the case, my CYA is where it is supposed to be. What could be causing it to burn off so quickly....do I need a different % of bleach, or is the 2cups+ that the pool math is calling for not enough?

Help I am stumped!!!

Nicole :confused:

Hi Nicole,
it would be useful to have a set of test results. Also, what is the FC level you are trying to keep it at.
It all ties together and its difficult to give advice without knowing the bigger picture.

I have been testing my pool water regularly, however, everytime I test it, its testing that there is NO chlorine in the pool. At first I thought maybe I needed to adjust the CYA as maybe there was none of that in it so it was burning off. But that is not the case, my CYA is where it is supposed to be. What could be causing it to burn off so quickly....do I need a different % of bleach, or is the 2cups+ that the pool math is calling for not enough?

Help I am stumped!!!

Nicole :confused:

Without sounding like a broken record, we need test results. If you do not have a reliable kit, you can look at them here :arrow: Test Kit Comparison.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.