Plumbing repair question

Jan 6, 2013
Hey guys,

I need to plumb in a bypass to temporarily replace the IC40 that is in my system due to one of the couplings breaking on Tuesday. The one thing I am curious about is do I need any special kind of pvc primer/solvent for the pvc pipe? Also...how long will I need to let it dry before I can turn on the pump? Our temps are in the upper 90s here and I am concerned about the water sitting stagnant for too long.

Thanks!

Scott

If it is all PVC, then just use purple primer and PVC solvent. If some of it is CPVC, then you would need a universal solvent.

Are you cutting out the IC40 unions all together? I though most of these were proprietary threads.

I went 2 weeks in the AZ summer without a pump with no algae. Just maintain adequate FC and brush the pool to keep it mixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.