Stealth Pump Any Good?

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
Split by moderator from HERE. Please do not hijack someone's thread. Always start your own thread for your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Not regarding your problem but are those Stealth pumps good? I was looking at one as a replacement. WHat is the life of those pumps and the motors?

Last edited:
You can always PM someone directly.

But IMHO there are better pumps than the Stealth. It depends on the application.

Get a 1HP 2-speed Pentair Superflo or Hayward SuperPump

I assume you have 230V power at the pump?

What pump do you have now? Any reason to not just replace the motor on your existing pump with a 2-speed motor? That is the cheapest option.

I have a challenger pump and a 2hp single speed motor. I run the pool, the baracuda and the spa all off the one pump. I have a lot of bushes and trees around my pool so I use my baracuda every day. I rarely use the spa and never with the pool at the same time. I am in Spring Texas and it is hot so I run my pump 10 hours a day to keep the SWG going and the pool clean. The pump works ok but I am going to switch systems and change to the iaqualink later this summer. I guess a two speed motor would work if it fit on my pump. They may all have the same mount brackets to the pump as far as I know. I have changed the motor but dont recall what was involved it was not hard.

I would suggest sticking with the same size motor you have and just swap it over to a 2 speed. That way the spa performance will not suffer when you run it on high.

Note the Baracuda may not work as well on low speed either ... so there is a trade off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Stealth pump on my pool for my pool and spa and then I have a Hayward Super II for my water features. It is amazing the physical size difference between the two pumps the Stealth is huge, not sure if this is just for show but it is an impressive "looking" pump. The nice thing about the stealth is that it can accomodate 2.5" or 3" plumbing so in my application this is what I needed as I have 3" plumbing coming off of my main drain and did not want to reduce down to a 2" port on the pump. I also like the large basket which is 2-3 x's larger than the Super II basket.

You definitely can replace just the motor on your Challenger pump I would need to know the SF on the motor label or the pump model # which typically starts with "CHII" if you supplied either of this info. then I could let you know which motor you would require. I believe if you go with a dual speed pump on the Aqualink then you will need to purchase a dual speed pump relay and you will also need to make sure that you have room for an additional relay within the Aqualink power center which is located on the side of your home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.