Covering pool question

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I am buying a foreclosure and we close next Wednesday. The bank got the pool up and running this week. The listing agent wants the winter cover back on pool until we close. Is this okay? It is in the high 90's everyday here.

My best guess is that they want to cover it for liability purposes. If they have a maintenance contract with the bank/Freddy Mac/fanny Mae, there may even be stipulations around this.

If when the bank got it up and running that means the water was clear and chlorinated, you might want to see if they'd allow a chlorine tab floater be placed in it to help offset algae growth, or allow you to bring the water to shock level before covering. That way you might stand a chance to open clean. If the water's not clean and clear, you'll be slamming it anyway soon enough ;) If they're going to have the utilities back off and the cover is solid, it will actually be better having it covered that sitting open in the sun with no chlorine.

I bought a foreclosure with a swamp, btw. I was able to get the listing agent's maintenance guy to cooperate with us a little by having the original builder test the equipment, do the winterizing, etc. Fanny Mae will actually reimburse them for it as there is a foreclosure maintenance budget.

Of course, in my case the pool had sat open for two years before Fanny Mae got around to listing it, so it was full of **** and downright putrid....but we closed in late fall/early winter and had to wait til spring to rehab it.

Yes, there is a broken gate. We have asked repeatedly for them to secure it and they refuse. This is their answer to addressing the situation. They do have a pool company maintaining it until closing next week. There is a puck in the skimmer. The pool company knows I am going Doing my own pool with bleach so they have done the bare minimum to keep the pool treated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.