Best way to Dispense the Stabilizer pucks?

Jul 9, 2014
Syracuse, NY
OK so brand new pool owner. Read through the pool school. I just got done filling the pool. About to test it. I did buy some of the chemicals like borax powder, baking soda, and bleach. I also purchased a stabilizer in the form of 1 inch pucks. How is the best way to dispense this?

A feeder/floater designed for 1" pucks is best. Such as
0007318704088_500X500.jpg

OR many other varieties available online, WalMart, pool stores etc.
main_tablet_floaters.jpg

I've never seen stabilizer sold in 1" pucks. Are you sure you didn't get stabilized chlorine tablets containing trichlor? We don't recommend using trichlor.

Yeah thats what I got..ill have to look around for the correct stuff. Since I just started a brand new pool my TC is less than 1ppm and have no CYA. I wont be able to get anything to bump my CYA until tomorrow is it still ok to add the bleach?

yes, you can still add bleach. go to pool math and enter your information and shoot to keep you minimum free chlorine at 2 ppm.

:lookhere: Handy Chlorine/CYA relationship chart

Your pucks are adding CYA but slowly. Use pool math to figure out how much you need then pick up some HTH from wally-world. It will say 99% cyanuric acid. Shoot for CYA of 20 because you can add more next week if needed. Save the pucks for when you're gone on vacation.

Syracuse NY!? Hello from Fayetteville!

So you know, East Syracuse and Cicero Walmart are out of stabilizer (CYA.) I got the last jug from E. Syracuse last week. Sorry. :) Another Walmart might still have some left. They won't restock until next season. Lowes is your next best bet (50% more money than Walmart), or a pool store (50% more $$ than Lowes). I know Lowes Cicero has a bunch of the 3lb jugs, as I got two last night.

One good way to dispense is to pour into an old sock, and hang the sock in front of the return jet. I put my socks in the skimmer basket, although I don't know if that's an option on an Intex.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.