Filling the pool

I just went through this. We have a softner system as well. It regenerates every 1,000 gallons. Our pool is 3,284 gallons. We did the first 1,000 gallons with the well. It took a little over 2 hrs. Then we got a call from a trucking company who hauls water. For $150 they would fill the pool. We opted to drain the water in the pool (even though it went through the system it still wasn't 100% clear) and then had the whole pool filled by the trucking company. It was worth it. The pool was filled in about a half-hour, versus us doing 1,000 gallons in 2.5 hours, plus regeneration time of 1.5 hours, and back and forth....plus we didn't know the limit of our well, gallons per hour on our pump, and longevity of our pump. I'd go with the trucking company...but that's just me.

I'd say truck it. But if you want to fill it yourself bypass softener, there must be a bypass valves. I filled about 13,000 gallons from water well, but did it gradually over several weeks as I was worrying about pump burning or well drying out.

We filled with the well, bypassed the softener and dealt with the iron by adding a sequestrant. Then added 1 lb of shock and several oz. of clarifier. Water went from green tint but clear to sparkling blue over night. I have 1 puck in the floater and have added some acid to lower ph. I'm using a generic 5 step test kit and strips initially but will order a proper kit and intend to follow the TFP method.

Deck is next. Pics soon.
Mike

P.s. Hi honey!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.