Compupool

I purchased a CPSC-24AG in May 2013. It was replaced 5 times last summer for issues ranging from no display to melting wires on the cell. Finally, Compupool replaced it with a CPX-24AG after waiting almost 4 months for them to get a CPX unit in stock. I installed it the beginning of June and the new unit has had no issues until yesterday. I went out to check the pool and noticed the pump was not running. It trips the GFCI as soon as it is plugged in. I contacted Compupool and they are going to replace the powerpack, but...they don't have any in stock. They possibly may have some in stock sometime in August. I understand all things will have problems, and they have been good at troubleshooting and handling the warranty claims, but their turnaround time takes weeks to months and they rarely have parts on hand. After this, I definitely would have chose a different brand. Looks like I better stock up on the bleach, I'll be needing it for a while.

Just had a Compupool unit go bad one month shy of warranty expiration. They would do repairs but it would cost me $75 off the bat plus 66% of what they usually bill. They stated none of the repairs would extend the warranty. Given all the talk on this forum here lately, I decided to stop dealing with them and bought a new Circupool SWG.

Been waiting since the beginning of June for my replacement CPX48 ( cracked cell housing and bad power board). Only got one months use. Works good when it's working but replacement parts have always been a problem with them. My CPSC 48 burned up 3/4 of the season last year and a replacement CPX 48 arrived in February. Took over 5 months to get.

I have a cpsc24 that I have had for 3 years now. It has been fine. Don't get the automatic polarity switching thing though. Does not work worth a phooey. I have to clean my cell every couple weeks or it gets caked with white grime (ch). My ch is a bit high and I know it, think this is the issue. Other than that it is fine on a 18,000 gal pool. Ran at 100% for 2+ years. Now use a little LC and backed off to 70%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.