T104R Timer/wiring

Jul 24, 2014
pine brook, nj
Hi:

I need help with the timer and its wiring. I need to use the timer to turn auto on/off the pump while on vacation but looks like timer is not working (dial is not turning at all) but I can turn it on/off manually. Additionally, the wiring has been altered by previous owner. Since I am new, I am figuring out how to post a photo of the wiring.

thanks in advance.

danpik... just replied to your message.

I just bought a new T104M mechaism from home depot. While i was trying to replace it, the old clock motor is 120v (WG-1570) and as i indicated to your PM message there is a extra wire from supply (blue). i do not have any idea what this wire is for??? Additionally, previous owner used only a, 1, and 2. The Pump is A.O Smith, 1 HP, 115/230 volts.

thanks again.

Isn't that switch there to be able to manually turn it on and off whenever necessary?

Yes it's a manual on/off switch to over ride the timer function. Using it and seeing the pump works tells you that the wiring and the contacts are all good and if the timer wheel isn't turning then you ONLY need to replace the timer motor rather than a whole new timer unit.

"The Pump is A.O Smith, 1 HP, 115/230 volts."
But is it physically wired for 115 or 230 volts ??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Looks like you need a timer motor P/N WG1573 https://www.google.com/#q=t104+pool+timer+motor
The T104 and T104R have the same guts the "R" is just the water resistant case. All the 100 series timers use the same 240 volt timer motor.

I bought and hooked up T104M (with WG-1573-5E) mechanism but when I took out old mechanism, the old clock motor (WG-1570) says 125v/60Hz/3W. Nevertheless, I proceed to replace old one with the new clock motor to the old mechanism but the dial still was not turning/moving at all. Looks like I need to buy 125v, WG1570 clock motor. Please let me know this is corret assumption before I buy it.

Appreciate your response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.