Upgraded Jandy Aquapure intermittent operation

Jul 24, 2014
San Jose/CA
Replaced old cell last Sept with new 1400 cell and it worked great thur the fall and when I restarted the pool this spring. In early July cloudy water lead to results of 0 chlorine. No error codes on the control unit (old), but 'No Flow' error on the RS link controller display and 'Cell Reversing' on the electronics box. Though it might be bad sensor, but when I removed to clean all looked good, sensors well seated - no signs of swelling or sinking into epoxy. Had tech take a look and after swapping sensor got the same results, without the interface board between new sensor and old controller - made me think the tech didn't know what he was doing.) Tech though it might be the controller, but late one night the system started to operate when water temp dropped to about 80 F (pool is nominally about 88 to 92+ due to solar and my wife's preference for warm/hot water). Any suggestions about what is really going on - is it the sensor or the controller that needs replacement? Given the sensor and cell are 9 months old and under warranty I'd like to get Zodiac to replace for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.