Salt WILL NOT read the same don't know what to do

Mar 31, 2013
TN
On my Pentair IC40 I am getting an inconsistent reading. It varies from 2850 to 3850 during the day. I have noticed it showing 2950 most of the time while the pump is running but have seen it at 3750 some also. Typically when pump is off it shows the lower numbers, in the 2800-3000 range. Concern is that the SWG cuts off at 2700.

I know my salt level is 3800-4000 due to my salt ppm test kit I bought from recommendations off this site. Now that I know my salt level is good I really am not concerned as long as I can generate salt but I like for my numbers to match. Is there a sensor in the element in the SWG that needs cleaning.

It's almost impossible to get the numbers to match. ±400 ppm is about the precision of the tests so if you're within that you can consider them the same.

I may be wrong but I don't believe that the swg measures salt content directly like the test does. I think it's a extrapolation from the conductivity.
It's calibrated at a certain temperature (77ºF I believe) and as the actual temp varies from that, the salt display drifts.

Given the discrepancies you're seeing you may need to clean the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.