Polaris 280 issue....

Mar 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Hey folks. My Polaris is about a year old and recently started just cruising around on its front wheel. Even if I swim down and try and put it on all the wheels it just lifts up in the back and sits on front wheel. I have taken that bubble off and it does not sound like any water in it. Does anybody have any other ideas on what I could try to make it drive on all wheels again. Thank you!

Take it out of the pool, take the bag off and make sure the water shoots up (into the bag, if it were on) evenly.
If it is doing a reverse wheelie with the pump off, do you mean the booster pump, the main pump or both? If both, then no water is being pumped through and the wheelie is unrelated to the Jets. You can replace that bubble on the back for $6.

Hmm. If I remember right I have the rear jet in about a 1:00 position. You can try different positions to see if that helps while the booster pump is running.

I'm not sure if it would cause this issue, but how are the floats on the feed hose arranged? You can try screwing the rear float inward to see if that helps.

Make sure that you are getting good flow through the jets in the middle chamber.

Also there is a screen cup in the fitting where it is attached to the wall of the pool. Make sure it is clean.

Another possibility could be that the backup valve is not cycling properly, preventing full water flow through the cleaner.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.