Hayward 1hp max flo with 1.5 inch inlet/outlet to 2" plumbing

Jul 22, 2014
fort myers, FL
Should there be any issue replacing a Hayward 1 hp pump running into 2" plumbing(all) with a Hayward Max-flo 1 hp with 1.5 inch inlet/outlet? I have not removed the old pump (stopped working ,2nd motor) so I don't know what size inlet/outlet the existing (dead) pump has (2" or 1.5").
Thanks,
Phil

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

You can just use reducer fitting where ever you need. Any reason you do not just replace the motor on your existing pump? Or ideally upgrade to a 2-speed motor/pump?

Welcome to TFP :wave:

I like the replace the motor with a 2 speed myself. Costs a little more up front but saves so much more every time it runs. Some utilities have rebates for higher efficiency pool pump motors.
Nice thing about replacing the motor is you don't need to mess with the plumbing.

The pump is about 10 years old, replaced motor twice. Unfortunately, didn't know to replace shaft seal last 2 times. Sooo to play it safe, thought I'd replace entire pump this time. Looked at 2 speed and vario speed, but went with same design due to urgency and just to save pennies and fear of changing anything I didn't fully understand . I got the plumbing reducers and 2" pipe to do the repairs.

I'll add pool signature another time. Need to find out the details of system first.

Thanks to all for fast replies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.