How do I disassemble a Hayward EC65A DE Filter?

Oct 30, 2013
Please do not duplicate post. You should have seen a message saying your post needed moderator approval. I am deleting the other one. Thanks, jblizzle

Hi all, I have a Hayward EC65A DE filter that no longer bumps. When you raise and lower the bumping handle the bump shaft goes up and down but the tube sheet / finger assembly inside isn't going up and down any more to regenerate the DE. How do you take this thing apart so that I can find out what the issue is and order any new parts I might need?

I have the filter head unbolted from the main filter body and the bumping handle removed from the bump shaft, but am kind of lost as to what to do next. I do have a diagram of the exploded view of the filter from the Hayward site (http://www.hayward-pool.ca/pdf/manuals/Manual257.pdf), but it still isn't obvious to me as to how to remove the filter head from the top tube sheet. Any direction would be much appreciated!, but it still isn't obvious to me as to how to remove the filter head from the top tube sheet.

Any direction would be much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.