air leak in pump?

Apr 2, 2007
Hi, I have an air leak someplace in my inground pool. I am hoping that it is aboveground. I have placed duct tape around most of the PVC fittings and placed heavy plastic around the valves. So far, no luck. I recalled reading on one of these posts that sometimes air leak may occur at the pump. I don't remember the specific details. Can someone enlighten me as to what to look for in the pump? Thanks in advance.

Ray

Air leaks at the pump are in the basket. The strainer basket lid being loose, the O-ring needing lubed or being bad, or a bad or loose O-ring on the drain plug in the housing can all let air in.

I also lubricated the little orings going into my filter basket as I had the same problems and that was it for me. Not a big leak, just a few bubbles but it sure did seal up those areas.

I also took some of the pipe threaded fittings going into my pump that I seen were having a small leak, and used 100% silicone caulk around the threads and then rescrewed those back on and found that it works great!

Hope that maybe helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.