pH problem?

Jul 2, 2014
Macomb, MI
New fill this week and I am in the process of adding CYA (about 10 ppm now). My pH is at 7.2 right now with a TA of 90. Should I be adding soda ash now or wait until I add another 2 pounds of CYA? On a related note, where do you buy soda ash and how do you add it? I have been doing sock method for CYA.

New fill this week and I am in the process of adding CYA (about 10 ppm now). My pH is at 7.2 right now with a TA of 90. Should I be adding soda ash now or wait until I add another 2 pounds of CYA? On a related note, where do you buy soda ash and how do you add it? I have been doing sock method for CYA.
The Pool School knows all...

Soda ash is available as ARM & HAMMER® Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster. Do not confuse this with ARM & HAMMER® laundry detergent! It is sold in the laundry detergent section of most larger grocery stores and some big box stores. It is also sold by pool stores under various names, including PH Increaser, PH Up, Balance Pak 200, etc. Soda ash is best added by pre-dissolving it in a bucket of water and then pouring that slowly in front of a return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.