Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Newbie here...

Here are the test results

FC = 4.5
CC = 0
TA = 250
CYA = 30
pH=7.5

I know we need to get the TA down. We've been doing the muriatic acid/areation thing and it is working. It's down from 300. But my post tonight is about the CYA.

I thought the builder left us with some "Stablizer" which I assumed would be CYA. I went to the garage to get it and discovered that we have 2 bottles of BioGuard Balancer 200, but nothing called stablizer. It says it is for raising the pH.

When would I use this stuff instead of baking soda?

Second question. If I want to take my water to the pool store, how long is it ok to go between when I take the sample and when I get it to the store. The nearest pool store is near my work, so it would be convenient to go after work, but I'd have to take the sample in the morning. So we're talking about maybe 8-9 hours. I could bring the sample in to work instead of leaving it in the hot car, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

It's just very expensive washing soda! The MSDS lists it as sodium carbonate. Commoly called ph up or pH increaser. Borax is actually a better choice for raising pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.