Chlorine Content

bac

Jul 22, 2014
Tulsa/OK
I have a new pool and the builder convinced me to get a UV and ozonator installed which disinfects....

however, I keep testing the water and my CL content is 0, Does the UV burn off the chlorine?

My water is clear and everything appear to be working well. It is a salt pool so the pH takes some work but the rest seems vertually maintenance free. I figure the CL has to be OK but 0 to 0.5 seems concerning.:D

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

You also need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and start doing your own testing if you want to take control.

That is not good that the FC is so low. Our recommended FC levels do not change based on having UV or ozone.

Your CYA is a little low (if you believe the pool store testing, we do not) for a SWG, but I might hold off on adjusting that.

How long do you run your pump/SWG? What is the SWG % output?

I would lower PH to 7.2. Try to keep the PH between 7.2 and 7.8. With a SWG and high TA the PH will tend to go up all the time. Each time PH gets to 7.8 you can lower it to 7.2. Long term that will lower TA, and reduce the amount of PH drift you experience.

You need to maintain the FC level one way or another. If the SWG doesn't take care of it, you need to add chlorine manually.

FC going down to zero usually indicates a need to SLAM the pool, see the instructions in the How To section of Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.