Estimated daily CL loss question

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
I have estimated that I lose approx. 5ppm of CL a day with the weather has hot and muggy as it is. My question is, I just tested my CL/FC it's approx 7.50ppm and CC was .5. If I don't add bleach in tonite, I am sure by tomorrow evening when I test my CL level will be below the min. 4-6 ppm range that I need to keep the pool in. How is this handled? should I add some bleach now or should I just wait until tomorrow morning to test and then add in the evening if I am below 4ppm?

BTW I BEAT that algae bloom from last week,pool is back to normal. Whew!

There are many different ways to deal with this. The simplest is to raise the FC level once a day in the evening. Raise the FC level to whatever level it takes to still be at your desired FC minimum the next evening. After a couple of days of trial and error you should be able to figure out what that is.

I usually lose 2-3 ppm a day. Last night I was at a healthy 5 ppm but I know by this evening, if I didn't add last night, I'd probly be below my minimum.

I usually bump it up to 7 or 8 each night.

I'm glad to hear you got the pool cleared up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.