Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Estimated daily CL loss question

1. Back To Top    #1

Estimated daily CL loss question

I have estimated that I lose approx. 5ppm of CL a day with the weather has hot and muggy as it is. My question is, I just tested my CL/FC it's approx 7.50ppm and CC was .5. If I don't add bleach in tonite, I am sure by tomorrow evening when I test my CL level will be below the min. 4-6 ppm range that I need to keep the pool in. How is this handled? should I add some bleach now or should I just wait until tomorrow morning to test and then add in the evening if I am below 4ppm?

BTW I BEAT that algae bloom from last week,pool is back to normal. Whew!
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Estimated daily CL loss question

There are many different ways to deal with this. The simplest is to raise the FC level once a day in the evening. Raise the FC level to whatever level it takes to still be at your desired FC minimum the next evening. After a couple of days of trial and error you should be able to figure out what that is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I usually lose 2-3 ppm a day. Last night I was at a healthy 5 ppm but I know by this evening, if I didn't add last night, I'd probly be below my minimum.

I usually bump it up to 7 or 8 each night.

I'm glad to hear you got the pool cleared up!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

If its not too much trouble, what is your CYA level? It will have a direct effect on how much chlorine you lose each day.
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.