New fibergloass pool coming tomorrow!!! Pentair IC20 SWG ?'s

Jul 22, 2008
My 12,000 gallon freeform fiberglass pool with cartridge filter, and 1 1/2HP pump will be installed tomorrow. My question is about starting up the SWG. I bought the Pentair ic20, and the manual says not to start using the swg for 30 days after the pool has been completed. Is this correct? Do I just use bleach until then? Do I add the salt now, or wait until after the 30 days? The pool also includes an inline chlorinator, should the hook this up too?
Do I just leave it connected inline to the plumbing, but not powered on? Any help is appreciated. Ordering my TFP test kit tonight, hope I get it by weekend! I guess it's all downhill from here!
This thing looks really confusing, but I'm sure I'll get some great help on the forums.

BTW

The 30 day wait before adding salt is important for plaster pools. With fiberglass and vinyl you only need to wait till your levels are reasonably balanced, a day or three usually. Unless there is a warranty issue with your builder you can go ahead and add the salt as soon as you have the pump running.

It can be handy to have a puck feeder. I wouldn't use it much, but they are handy for vacations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.