Intex Ultra Frame through wall skimmer and main drains with plumb diagram

Jul 9, 2014
Splendora
I just wanted to say thank you to this forum for helping me get our pool up and running great!
First I want to say this being my first post I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT THIS FORUM!!!!!!!! :D:D:D the links and posts on here were perfect!

52x22' ultra frame. We bought it from walmart a month ago. Got a decent deal on it for $599 :cool: This is actually our second ultraframe. First stayed up for a few years and was installed with all factory stuff, no mods but was past is prime.

Here is a diagram of our layout with part numbers! basically two main drains cut into the bottom of the pool, jandy 3 way valve, Hayward trough wall skimmer, Hayward matrix pump, old Wateco sand filter (new sand and valve), Hayward inline chlorination(not installed yet) and the return that came with the skimmer. All piped in 1 1/2" pvc....well soon to be anyway.

I will be piping in the chlorination and putting in a fountain and 3 way valve on the discharge side of the pump in the new future.

pool-plumbing-setup.jpg

Here is the setup minus the skimmer and while we were still piping it in. I was waiting for the skimmer in the mail. You can see the Jandy 3-way in this picture. we initally used the hoses just to get it up and going.

photo 1.jpg

first night

photo 2.jpg

Re: Intex Ultra Frame through wall skimmer and main drains with plumb diagram

Here are a couple more pictures
Here are shots of the main drains.....
One is dead center of the pool and the other is 9 feet away near the side. both have anti-entrapment covers and have a common suction line. This is the safe method of plumbing a drain. Since the skimmer and both drains come from ta common line, if you plug one up, all the suction shifts to the other two items eliminating any chance of entrapment. This absolutely awesome for sucking stuff from the bottom of the pool. The pool gets a rotating circulation which pushes every thing towards the center of the pool. The center drain sucks everything down. This eliminates about 80% of the debris in the bottom of the pool! The skimmer picks up the majority of the other stuff floating on top.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

The drains were pretty easy. They're a lot like a through the wall skimmer actually as far as install. you set them in place and pipe them over to the side. I taped the gasket in place. We set up the pool on top, added 6 inches of water....installed the inside gasket and ring then cut the hole. They're great because the circular current of water naturally pushes everything to the center and the drain just sucks it up. Been up and running for two weeks and there isn't a single piece of debris....we do scoop some stuff when we swim but for the most part it has worked great in my opinion.

Until we get our chloranator in...I think we'll just use a floater :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.