IntelliPro P6E6VS4H-209L vs IntelliFlo 011018

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I am considering these two variable speed pumps. I noticed that they are almost identical except for the wet end. In particular, a couple differences stand out:

-The IntelliPro appears to use union connectors (IntelliFlo does not)
-The IntelliPro uses the Max E-Pro circular seal plate with a V-clamp to join to the wet end. The IntelliFlo uses the WhisperFlo hex seal plate that attaches to the wet end using 6 bolts.
-The IntelliPro is 26.25" end to end. The IntelliFlo is 23.41" end to end.

They may be other differences but these are the main ones I discerned.

On a few sites, I also noticed the IntelliPro costs a bit more. One site shows:
IntelliFlo at $835
IntellIPro at $875

Many other sites also show about a $50 premium for the IntelliPro as well.

Is the IntelliPro's features "better" than the IntelliFlo's features? If so do they justify the slight premium $40 premium?

The $40 difference isn't much so I'll pay it if opinion suggests the features are more than worth it. But if there really is no advantage, why pay extra?

The other thing to note also is that my pool pump space is somewhat tight. So the almost 3" shorter IntelliFlo is somewhat of a factor as well. Using the IntelliPro, I'd basically have no margin in the recommended spacing requirements (10" inlet pipe length, 3" rear clearance), while the IntelliFlo gives me almost 3" more room.

Thanks for any insight!

There is no significant difference between them unless your plumbing happens to already line up to one models ports or you have space limitations. Remember that you need good access to the electronics module.

There is no significant difference between them unless your plumbing happens to already line up to one models ports or you have space limitations. Remember that you need good access to the electronics module.

For plumbing, I'm going to need to have it partially redone regardless. Currently the suction pipe length is only 3". I will need to extend that to 10" per recommendation. This would also mean extending the piping to re-lineup to the outtake port. So plumbing will need modification regardless.

The IntelliFlo is 3" shorter which is very desirable as space is tight. It would mean the back of the IntelliFlo is 6" from the wall while the IntelliPro would only be the minimum 3" from the wall (although the control panel should still be accessible).

Some people claim that the IntelliPro's unions and V-clamps are "better" but not sure if these features will make up for the slightly longer pump length. (Also it is arguable whether these features are actually "better" as opposed to just being different.)

If space is the deciding factor, then IntelliFlo is it. If the IntelliPro's features are "better" than I would choose it instead but it would be at the cost of making the pump a tighter fit. It would also cost a little bit more ($40).

It seems that you feel that the differences are just differences without any advantage either way?

If so, then there seems to be little reason to get the IntelliPro given the longer length and slightly higher cost. Is that your opinion?

I went and asked Pentair through their site to see what they had to say about the advantages of one wet end design vs the other. Their response was:
Pentair said:
Any advantages with one design or the other would be personal opinion; the two functionally operate identically.

So they are saying the designs are different but won't say that one is better than the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.