Pebble Tec pool sort of rough...supposed to be coated in resin?

Al3x

Mar 11, 2014
Arizona
I built a Shasta pebble tec pool in Sept 2013 and the pebble tec has been fine, but always a tad rough. I scratched my knee on it just the other day.

I was talking to my coworker who just had one built around the same time, and she said that hers was smooth (not pebble sheen) and wouldn't scratch herself at all.

Is there supposed to be a resin coating on the pebble tec?

I can't really answer your question, but can comment. I've found even the PebbleSheen can be rough. We're still in the planning stages of our build, and one of the PB's built our country club's new swimming pool. We took our little girl to go swim and I was in the water for about 45 minutes, mainly just floating and propelling myself with my feet. When I got out, I noticed my big toes were a little sore. That evening before a shower I noticed I was missing quite a bit of skin on the bottom of both of my big toes. I was very surprised. It hurt for a couple of days.

I asked the PB if that was Pebbletec or sheen, and he said sheen. When I told him how rough it was he said that was the first he's heard of it (strange?) and that maybe the country club didn't brush it like they were supposed to? I have no clue, but I dont' want to have to wear shoes when swimming.

Ok good info. Mine is Pebble Tec and I brushed it and it's not too rough, similar to nice concrete on a driveway. My girlfriend complains when she sits on it sometimes but nobody else really does. I'd guess it's probably normal.

I'm hoping that is the case with the Country Club's pool. It doesn't hurt to walk on it, but you can definitely tell that if you were to slip on a step or slide any skin along it, you'll lose it and probably bring out some blood. Almost sand-paperish....I'll be sure to brush ours like a mad-man for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.