Quick Question ... filter setting

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Got 5 inches of rain last night ... pool overflowing ... just backwashed and rinsed (needed to do that anyway) to get water back down to good level ... but looks like we have more rain on the way. What setting should I use to get water out of the pool if I need to remove more today? just waste? Haven't had this problem before ... Thanks!

The vacuum has a flat plate that fits into the skimmer and it is always becoming dislodged ... I've tried putting it in the skimmer different ways to hold it into place and it still does the same thing. I think I need to ditch the plate and get some sort of PVC reducer to put into the hole in the skimmer, but I just haven't gotten it yet. We have to vacuum so rarely that it just hasn't been an issue ... the robot picks up everything so I just run it once or twice a week. ... I have one of these situations that make fellow pool owners a little jealous LOL!

I'll have to think about some sort of weight type thing I can put in there and try that out! ... I haven't had enough coffee to think about plumbing in a dedicated port! LOL ... I think today I might just use the waste setting even if I don't have a vacuum hooked up ... I just didn't want to mess up the sand filter today! I already have a roof leak to fix that made itself known last night!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.