Intex skimmer box ... questions

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
We have an 18'x48" Intex Metal Frame pool. It came with a skimmer box that is mounted to the side of the pool. The pump is mounted on the bottom of the container.

My question is that I want to remove this pump and connect up hoses for a larger more powerful pump that I have (the 2500gph model). Has anyone done this and if so how did you do it ... ie did you just drill out the bottom for the fittings?

Please lmk thanks

Greg

Can you post some pictures?

Does your filter look like this?
58605large.jpg

If your filter is like this, then I would reccomend buying a "Real" filter(not Intex) and buying the Intex skimmer. Although, I don't believe a brand new Intex 18' pool would come with that filter. They usually have a filter that sits outside the pool.

HTH,
Adam

Nope it's attached to the pool and is tall with cartridge inside and the pump is on the bottom.

I will try to shoot a couple of pics tonight.

My hope is that I can remove the pump from the bottom, drill or cut out the area where the pump attaches (it has plastic pegs sticking out to hold the pump in place) so that I can put PVC fittings on it to then attach my lines to the the larger pump.

My only real concern is that I the plastic will simply crack and split and then I am screwed.

I have looked around for another skimmer box that attaches to the pool wall that I can buy to use instead but none of the ones I have found so far have the same size opening and screw mounts.

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.