Hayward Dual speed 1.5 hp and Pool Pilot DIG 220- run times on high?

May 1, 2010
Near Nashville TN
After reading threads, I think I may be running on high too long- typically 7 am - 7 pm. Then the remainder goes on low. It seems I will be ok generating salt on low speed- how do I tell salt generation is adequate- short of looking at dropping CL readings- don't want to risk algae starting.

So, you guys out there running SWG (Pool Pilot) with 2 speed pumps- what can I do to run high speed pump less and feel comfortable about CL protection? What do you guys do- do I need to adjust power settings or output %?

Thanks! :rockon:

The amount of chlorine produced does depend on how long you run the pump, but does not depend on high speed vs low speed. The SWG either works or it doesn't work on low speed, almost always it will work, depending on your plumbing setup and pump size. Try the SWG out on low speed and if it works, you are fine running on low speed, better really because it uses half the electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.