Stains on Gunite Pool (with pics)

Jul 20, 2014
Fanwood/NJ
Hey guys I found this forum after a week of trying to solve the my problem.
Gunite pool... It looks identical to the stains in this thread. I spent the last week trying to get the chlorine pH levels perfect hoping they'll go away. It's a 17,000 gallon pool and I've been using the puck and anyone give me a little advice on what to do to make him go away for good.

If I put a park or rub on with the puck facing to go away.

Could someone tell me the exact strategy he would take to get rid of these please talk to me like I am in fifth-grade, so I don't miss one step

Welcome to TFP!

If I understood you correctly, the stains disappear when you place a puck on them. If so, your staining is organic. Very likely, with your usage of pucks, you have not maintained the correct FC/CYA ratio.

If your staining is organic, then the strategy would be as follows:
1) stop using pucks and switch to bleach/liquid chlorine. See also how to chlorinate your pool.
2) get one of the recommended test kits
3) do a partial drain and refill if necessary, based on your CYA level
4) SLAM you pool

I would advise you to read pool school, starting with ABCs of pool water chemistry and recommended pool chemicals.

In order for us to be able to help you better, please add details about your pool to your signature as described in this post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.