12' or 15' Solar Cover for 13' Pool?

Jul 20, 2014
Cleveland, OH
Hello All,

I've been reading the forum for a year now and have learned a TON here. Thank you for the resources and sharing of knowledge. My pool has been crystal clear due to the methods I've learned here.

Most of what I've needed to know up to now I've been able to find by searching. But this question I couldn't find and I'm hoping someone can help direct me.

I have a 13' round Summer Escapes metal frame pool (same as Intex I believe).

I'm finding out that 13' is an "odd" size, and we desperately need a solar cover due to the lovely Cleveland weather.

I cannot find a 13' solar cover, only 12' or 15'.

I understand some of them have some overlap to account for water drop... some descriptions say as much as 3' overlap.

Looking for your opinions on whether you'd order a 12' and cross my fingers that it is big enough (would the solar "bubbles" only cover 11' or so...) or would you order a 15' and see how it fits or even trim it?

The one I've been looking at is here: http://www.amazon.com/Splash-Pools-Round-Solar-15-Feet/dp/B0001DLLU4

Please let me know your thoughts, and thanks in advance for any feedback!

Anthony

Thanks for the reply Jason, that's what I was leaning towards
12' = $25.86+6.99 shipping ($32.85 total)
15'= $39.99 + Free Shipping
So, $7.14 difference.

Plus since the 15' qualifies for Free Super Saver shipping, I can tack on a few other low-dollar items I've been needing from Amazon :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.