Best time to add chlorine

onedah

Aug 23, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Hi All

Is there a ideal time to add chlorine in a pool for daily maintenance? I typically add in the morning when the sun is on the pool and while my pump is running.

Would the evening when the sun is down be better? If so would I also have to run the pump at the same time?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All

Is there a ideal time to add chlorine in a pool for daily maintenance? I typically add in the morning when the sun is on the pool and while my pump is running.

Would the evening when the sun is down be better? If so would I also have to run the pump at the same time?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Generally most believe that it is a little better to add in the evening when the sun is off the pool and you have sufficient pump time left for the chlorine to get circulated (30 - 60 minutes). This way you have all night for the highest levels of chlorine to oxidize whatever organics are in the pool without the additional FC loss from the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.