AquaLogic P4 - I don't see Heater and Chlorinator in timers, how do I add them?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Does Anyone know how to add these?

Right now people turn on the heater manually and then forget it on, I want to place a timer that would automatically turn it off by a certain time of day.

As well I I would like to put the Chlorinator on a timer, I don't think it needs to run 24/7.

Thx.

Re: AquaLogic P2 - I don't see Heater and Chlorinator in timers, how do I add them?

The heater runs based on water temperature, and pump schedule. If the water is cold and the pump is running, the heat will run. There isn't any way to change this in software, though it is possible to rewire things (assuming you have a spare aux circuit relay) to give you more control.

Likewise the SWG runs based on it's own percentage setting any time the pool pump is on.

There shouldn't normally be any reason to change how either of those work, especially the SWG.

Re: AquaLogic P2 - I don't see Heater and Chlorinator in timers, how do I add them?

The heater runs based on water temperature, and pump schedule. If the water is cold and the pump is running, the heat will run. There isn't any way to change this in software, though it is possible to rewire things (assuming you have a spare aux circuit relay) to give you more control.

Likewise the SWG runs based on it's own percentage setting any time the pool pump is on.

There shouldn't normally be any reason to change how either of those work, especially the SWG.

I guess that's why I can't find the options, I'm guessing the heater could be wired to Aux.

I don't like vacuuming and electricity is cheap compared to other places (quebec) so I run the filter 24/7.

I do like keeping the pool a certain temperature but I don't like running it at night when temperatures drop too much.

As well I I would like to put the Chlorinator on a timer, I don't think it needs to run 24/7.
Nor does the pump. Why are you running so long?

Also, as far as I know Goldline never produced a P2. P4, P8, and P16 are the unit sizes for the AquaLogic

Nor does the pump. Why are you running so long?

Also, as far as I know Goldline never produced a P2. P4, P8, and P16 are the unit sizes for the AquaLogic

Oops, typo. P4 it is.

I just run the pump 24/7 so that I don't have to Vacuum as much.

Not sure how many hours a day I actually need to run, I actually downsized to a two speed 1HP pump now, didn't update my signature yet.

Read the article about pump run time in my signature as well as the pool school article here:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/152-determine-pump-run-time

I run 1 hour on high speed for the cleaner and 3 hours on low speed for the SWG or 4 hours total per day. Most pools can get away with 4 hours of run time.

Once you have your pump run time set, then set the SWG % for the appropriate amount of FC to add each day. That is what turns on and off the SWG so a timer is not required.

Read the article about pump run time in my signature as well as the pool school article here:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/152-determine-pump-run-time

I run 1 hour on high speed for the cleaner and 3 hours on low speed for the SWG or 4 hours total per day. Most pools can get away with 4 hours of run time.

Once you have your pump run time set, then set the SWG % for the appropriate amount of FC to add each day. That is what turns on and off the SWG so a timer is not required.

Other things I've gotten used to always having the pump running, knowing what the pool temperature is. Right now with the pump off if I look at my heater It says no flow and my Aqua Pod doesn't show the temp either.

Would be cool to still get that info as readily available.

So you are willing to pay 6x as much for pump energy costs just for pool temp? Get a floaty thermometer, it would be much cheaper.

therm.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.