Got my Taylor 2006-C first test

Jul 20, 2013
Lebanon TN
So it came in the mail today, after a little ready I pulled a sample and tested. Here are my numbers with a learning curve I'm sure

FC 0.0
pH 8.0
TA 170
CH 470
CYA 30

To start slamming pool math says 342 oz of 15% bleach to get to 24 FC
Get pH down 7.3 I need 32 oz of acid

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Re: Got my Taylor 2600-c first test

Would you like to take care of that high CH first with a drain/refill or would you prefer to wait? I'll let you decide but you should, consider bringing it down. You're running a high pH and with a high CH, you could start seeing scale on your liner and booger it up.

Other than that, you're ready to SLAM the pool once you get the pH down. :goodjob:

Would you like to take care of that high CH first with a drain/refill or would you prefer to wait? I'll let you decide but you should, consider bringing it down. You're running a high pH and with a high CH, you could start seeing scale on your liner and booger it up.

Other than that, you're ready to SLAM the pool once you get the pH down. :goodjob:
Any way to figure how much water needs to be removed to bring number down?

Well, I would start by draining the pool and leaving 1ft of water in the shallow end as to not displace the liner and refill, circulate the water and retest. If you can get the CH to around 200, you should be good. I would imagine you were using Cal-Hypo as your source of FC.

Well, I would start by draining the pool and leaving 1ft of water in the shallow end as to not displace the liner and refill, circulate the water and retest. If you can get the CH to around 200, you should be good. I would imagine you were using Cal-Hypo as your source of FC.
I'm using 5 gallon of pool shock that is 15%.

I'm using 5 gallon of pool shock that is 15%. Also I have hard water at my house, so I'm thinking I'm going to keep having this problem.

I figured it was from previous visits to the pool store and what they were selling you.

You can try to harvest rain water. I know other members do that because of it. I believe that's you're only option.

Can you run a CH test on the fill water and post the results? If it's high, there may be no sense in doing a water replacement.

I figured it was from previous visits to the pool store and what they were selling you.

You can try to harvest rain water. I know other members do that because of it. I believe that's you're only option.

Can you run a CH test on the fill water and post the results? If it's high, there may be no sense in doing a water replacement.

Yea I can, do I just do a test on from the spigot, or do I mix them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

If you are positive you have high CH in your fill, I would start the SLAM. A water replacement would be a waste. I was just curious as to what it really is.

If you are positive you have high CH in your fill, I would start the SLAM. A water replacement would be a waste. I was just curious as to what it really is.

I'm pretty sure we do, when I wash my cars there are huge spots all over the cars, and the water eats hot water heaters about every 3 years. Luckily for me they have 6 year warranty.

If you're following the very simple instructions for the fas-dpd FC test, there really isn't too much that can go wrong with the results. Btw, a SpeedStir is an invaluable tool for performing your tests. I suggest if you didn't order one, you might consider it.

Got my Taylor 2600-c first test

I did my test again on FC, when I put the powder in the water doesn't turn pink so I'm guessing I have no FC

Also do I need to do the acid demand test or the base demand test?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.