New pool cloudy water.

:flower: Welcome to TFP! Home of pool knowledge to take control of your own pool! To learn what's in your pool water, what you need to add, and why you are adding it.

So let's get to learning....

First off, this tutorial will get you to speaking the language.

Then you should visit Pool School's ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

A very important part of keeping a sanitized, sparkly pool is understanding the CYA/Chlorine relationship chart.

After that, you should visit this little chlorine instructional class. to learn that all chlorine is not created equal.

Ever heard of SLAM??? I'm sure you've heard of "shocking" your pool and many people kinda think they are the same thing but they are NOT. A shock is a one time thing and usually doesn't completely clear up your problems. A SLAM is a process and when followed to a T will result in a crystal clear swimming hole! :lookhere: How to SLAM

Read it....then read it again. Eventually, it will start to make sense. There are tons of people here willing to help clear matters up if you are willing to learn and follow the TFP methods.

Welcome to TFP!

Your TA is very high. That could be a problem with static electricity when doing the TA test. Try wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth/tissue at the start of the test and every couple of drops.

TC = FC + CC, so CC is 2.5. However, you are right at the limit of what the DPD chlorine test can measure, so it could well be testing error. Basically, the DPD chlorine test is limited to measuring up to 10. If TC was actually higher then ten, and it should be, it could read as just about anything. This is part of why we recommend the FAS-DPD chlorine test so strongly. You can get the FAS-DPD chlorine test separately, as an add on to your existing kit.

CYA of 90 is higher than we recommend allowing CYA to get. This could well relate to the water being cloudy, though there are other problems. CYA at 90 makes fighting algae very difficult. Unless you have a SWG, I recommend water replacement to get CYA down to something more manageable.

With a SWG, CYA is a little high, but you might as well live with it.

A SWG makes lowering TA more important, unless the TA result is way off.

Could you describe "cloudy" in more detail? White, gray, green? How opaque? Anything else strike you about it?

I use postimage.org :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP. You've got enough in front of you for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With a K-2005 and cloudy water, we would recommend a standalone FAS-DPD test to get the equivalent of the K-2006 and to SLAM the pool.

That sounds like a good recommendation to try and clear up the cloudiness.

Did you take the time to read the information in the links suggested in post #2 ??

I'm just a little baffled at your pool testing numbers as two days ago you said your testing had CYA at 90 and now you tested it at 65 but nothing is mentioned as to you doing anything to lower it. :confused:
Same with TA as it's dropped 100 since the 19th but nothing is mentioned about you lowering it either.
You have a SWG but no mention of salt level in your pool.
New pool and first pool, what do "they" have you using for chlorine, adding algaecide, ??? Need to know what it is you are putting into it.

If you stand at the steps and take a picture down into the pool it's helpful in that the steps add a reference for clarity and distance.

That sounds like a good recommendation to try and clear up the cloudiness.

Did you take the time to read the information in the links suggested in post #2 ??

I'm just a little baffled at your pool testing numbers as two days ago you said your testing had CYA at 90 and now you tested it at 65 but nothing is mentioned as to you doing anything to lower it. :confused:
Same with TA as it's dropped 100 since the 19th but nothing is mentioned about you lowering it either.
You have a SWG but no mention of salt level in your pool.
New pool and first pool, what do "they" have you using for chlorine, adding algaecide, ??? Need to know what it is you are putting into it.

If you stand at the steps and take a picture down into the pool it's helpful in that the steps add a reference for clarity and distance.

Yes I read the info linked in post 2

The cya is an avg of the 3 test is have had done at 3 different pool stores. Since theirs were lower # than mine.
The TA is lower due to bombing the ph from 7.6-7.8 to 7.2 with muriatic acid and aerating back up to 7.6-7.8 multiple times.
Salt level is 3100-3200 ppm
I am not adding any other chlorine, algeacide, or clarifiers.
I will post additional Picts this evening
image.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Tonight's test
Fc5
Tc5
Ta220
Ph 7.2 currently aerating to increase
Cya 90 I can't get close to the pool stores number

Still very dull looking water

Thanks
BB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.