New pool build and deck Apex NC

Still digging holes

y9u5a8ez.jpg

5uguga8e.jpg

I'm an idiot
I only needed three

Well you needed 4. Two hots, a neutral and a ground. For my spa and my pool sub-panels I ran a red, black, white and green. All #6 THHN. Ordered on line from witeandcabletogo.com I believe it was.
A #6 ground is overkill and a major pita to work with but eh??

1/2 the price of home centers but had to pay shipping.

Drove to morehead city to the beach and purchased my bolts for my deck. Using 5/8" 8" and 10" bolts.
Spent $483 + $40 in gas and 8 hours but saved nearly $3.00 per bolt and a total of $880 from Lowes/home depot prices.

9u3ejy4e.jpg

Picked up a new to me little friend today on craigslist and bought him a stand.

e3y8ebe2.jpg

a4ugunum.jpg

Built a ring around my pool the past two days with 20 posts. Couldn't build it with one band on each side of the post due to wanting to be close to the pool. I doubled the band on the outside of the post and bolted everything together.

4yde9equ.jpg

a8u9esad.jpg

Went and got all my posts and wood to run my double band around the outer edge of my deck. Only was $863...

y4umyzav.jpg

Ran out to the Lowes before dinner and picked up 23 80lb bags of quikrete. Needless to say my truck was squatting.

If the blessed rain will quit visiting everyday I could really get something done.

As I'm typing the thunder is booming and I can hear hard rain on my roof.

We had torrential rains last night. Spent 2.5 hours today dipping water out of my footings. Took 44.5 5 gallon buckets full of muddy water and sludge. Figures out a problem today with my layout. Got to put in 6 more footings and another girder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hezu9a8y.jpg

Found a crayfish in one of my footings. I'm 300' to the closest creek. Don't know how he got there.

Came inside and my 4 year old daughter said I was nasty.

utytehuh.jpg

Had to go out in the storm last night and back wash to pool and drain out 5" of water before it overflowed. I was out there diverting water as hard as I could.

emutabum.jpg

Ran another French drain yesterday on the high side around the pool too keep some of the possible runoff from entering my area around the pool.

Today I set more posts with the help of a couple friends. Man it makes things easier when you have a little help.

syqy8unu.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.